Basketball Update

Alex+Stevenson+playing+defense+in+there+62-42+loss+against+Stadium.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Basketball Update

Alex Stevenson playing defense in there 62-42 loss against Stadium.

Eric Hughes, Sports, Staff Writer

We are sixteen games into the 2017-2018 Bonney Lake High School basketball season and so far the team has plenty of positive things to reflect on. However there is also room to improve. With a conference record of 3-7 the team has 4 more games left to try and improve.
Senior player, Daniel Shocks,had a few things to say about the teams and his own individual success so far this season. “Despite several injuries we have had a great amount of success this year. The players who had to step up and play have done awesome and it’s cool to see them develop into even better players.” Daniel is very optimistic for the end of the year and the teams final four games. “I think we should do no worse than 3-1 to close the season. We’ve had a few great practices to put us on a good track.” The teams remaining games are against Spanaway Lake on Wednesday January 24th at 7:00 pm (away), Bethel Friday January 26th at 7:00 pm (home), Lakes on Tuesday January 30th at 7:00 pm (away), and Thursday February 1st at 7:00 pm (home).
Daniel also had something to say about his own success throughout the year. “If I could rate my year on a scale of 1-100, I would give myself a 50 due to injuries in the beginning of the year. It’s not about me though its a team effort.” A very selfless comment. His favorite part about playing is the comradery. “It is like a big brotherhood, we’re all so tight.” The team seems to have found some momentum and needs to have a strong finish if they wish to play in postseason games.