Panther Tracks

It’s All About Graduation (BL Style)

Back to Article
Back to Article

It’s All About Graduation (BL Style)

Ivy Schick, Staff Writer

For most Seniors, Graduation is the most looked forward to event within the whole school year. That makes sense because it’s their last year in high school and mandatory school ever! Seniors are excited about not having to wake up early everyday, worry about tests or finals and especially the homework they forgot to do over the weekend. Here’s something that is a reality. The tests and finals don’t end after high school, it’s just the beginning. While you may think “how is that possible?” Well if you don’t have one already, there’s this thing called a job that you will need in order to ya know, live. You can’t just expect to not have to do anything after completing high school. Almost everything in the world costs something. Where do you get the money? It’s called a job, there’s that word again. You can’t escape it. Anyways, let’s talk about how we Seniors make it to Graduation in the first place. At the beginning of the year all seniors walk through the doors and typically think, “well this is it, my last year.” Which also makes sense because it is. Seniors get to attend special events such as Senior Awards night, Senior Sunset, Senior Breakfast and the Graduation Victory Tour near the end of the year. Let’s skip to the last few weeks of school. The last few weeks of school involve book returns, chromebook returns, finals, and other tests. This is the most stressful time of the year for seniors especially because of the finals. We typically think that our brains have no power left and we might fail. Keep going, don’t give up and you will succeed, even with good grades. Here are some tips for salvaging your brain power: Don’t stay up late, get to bed at a fair time. Don’t eat before bed. Drink plenty of water. And most importantly, Study whatever you can to keep the information locked in your brain for potential tests and finals. This will help you keep as much brain power as you can right before Graduation. Of course you’re allowed to feel exhausted and drained but if you give up now, it won’t look too good on your transcript.

When it comes to Graduation day, Seniors will first go to Senior Breakfast at like 8 in the morning. There’s tons of food, chatter, and pictures. Seniors will then be transported by bus to Graduation Practice at the ShoWare Center in kent. Grad practice helps seniors get an idea of what actual Graduation will be like. Grad Practice lasts a couple hours and then Seniors are transported back to the High School to go home and get ready for the following night. Finally at 4:30, Seniors are expected to be present at the ShoWare Center for attendance and Graduation preparation. Once everything is in place and students and staff are ready, graduation commences.

Hooray! You made it! Now it’s time to board the charter buses for Senior Grad night! This is a night just for Graduates to spend a night (safely) partying and having fun. Grads are not informed of where the location(s) will be. All they know is that food and entertainment will be provided. 😉 Get plenty of Caffeine in your system because there will be no time for rest. Grads will be expected to be out all night. From the end of Graduation to 6:00 AM the next morning.

What happens after Graduation you ask? Why I’ll tell you, it’s time to get a job! That dang word again! It’s a reality we all must face. It’s time to make some money, pay bills and live a life outside of childhood. I hope your mom showed you how to do laundry! It’s not all bad. You have no more tests and finals, no more stupid boy drama, and especially no more teachers losing your assignments. You’re free to do whatever you want! (legally) Drive around town, take a hike midday. Most importantly, send some emails to your favorite teachers to let them know how much they’ve impacted your life. That’s a great way to end your high school career right? Now get out there and start adulting!

About the Writer
Ivy Schick, Community, Staff Writer

Ivy is a senior who enjoys writing for the entertainment section. She loves gaming and music.