Panther Tracks

Life of the Party

Back to Article
Back to Article

Life of the Party

Life of the Party

Life of the Party

Life of the Party

Life of the Party

Faith Gray, Entertainment Co-Editor

Life of the Party is a comedy fulfilled movie that was recently released on May 11, 2018. The trailer is so funny that you’ll want to go see it as soon as possible! The movie follows Melissa Mccarthy, as the role of Diana- a mom of a college senior. It shows her way of processing a sudden announcement that her husband wants a divorce. This movie shows a great mix of emotion and comedy – but mainly comedy.

The plot of this movie is – When her husband suddenly dumps her, longtime and dedicated housewife Deanna turns regret into reset by going back to college. Unfortunately, Deanna winds up at the same school as her less-than-thrilled daughter. Plunging headlong into the campus experience, the outspoken new student soon begins a journey of self-discovery while fully embracing all of the fun, freedom and frat boys that she can handle. It’s essentially a gentler, more sentimental, less outrageous Back to School, but with a female lead who sees herself as a failure rather than a success, and with consistent messaging about the virtues of sisterhood and cross-generational respect. What’s onscreen is an airy comic lark that you can take your mom to on Mother’s Day – which, granted, was absolutely the point of releasing “Life of the Party” on Mother’s Day weekend in the United States.

This is a great movie for mothers day because it shows the ups and downs of the relationship of a mother and daughter that many families can relate too. Any divorcee could relate to this movie because of the cause and effects that the sudden divorce creates. Most of the reviews online have only gave this movie a two out of five stars, but I would have to disagree. This movie will make you laugh so hard that you’ll almost cry. I definitely recommend and I’d give it a four out of five.

I suggest that if you want to see this movie and/or Overboard- go to the Rodeo Drive Inn! It is only $9.75 per person for both movies, and is a really great experience only an hour away!

About the Writer
Faith Gray, A & E, Co-Editor

Faith Gray is a cat mom and senior who loves makeup, shoes and practically anything that has glitter.