Menu Changes at Red Robin?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Menu Changes at Red Robin?

One of Red Robin's famous burgers.

One of Red Robin's famous burgers.

One of Red Robin's famous burgers.

One of Red Robin's famous burgers.

Hayden Davis, Community, Staff Writer

As of lately, it seems that health and fitness is a major topic that you hear about almost everywhere you go. More and more people everywhere are joining gyms and paying closer attention to what they’re eating and now some restaurants are making it easier to do so as well! Just recently, Red Robin has shifted and transitioned to providing its customers with new menus that not only display their new and healthier dining options, but also tell diners how many calories are in each dish. Some people love this new change, while some others are not fans of the new information that is available to them.

Among the people who do not appreciate the new changes to the menus, the general opinion is that it makes people feel bad about the food. People who usually love to eat out at restaurants, such as Red Robin, do not usually like to think about what all it is that they are putting into their bodies. Most restaurant chains are focused on making their food taste good and come out as soon as possible, because that is what the customers want most and is the easiest to judge. When this is the primary focus at restaurants such as Red Robin, the food is prepared in the quickest and most efficient way possible because at the end of the day, it is a company that is trying to make the biggest profit that they can. A lot of these quick and efficient ways of preparing food include large amounts of oils, fats, and more foods that are not as healthy to eat on a regular basis. Basically, people who want to eat out at restaurants are mostly only going to see nutrition information that is going to make them worried and stressed out about what they are eating. Nobody wants this kind of guilt trip while they are trying to enjoy a nice meal out with family or friends, which is exactly why so many people are opposed to the new changes that Red Robin and many other restaurants have implemented in their new food menus.

Other people, however, actually favor the new changes that are being brought into the menus of Red Robin and many other types of restaurants! A lot of people lately are beginning to really care more about their health, which is why some people love to know exactly what it is that they are putting into their bodies even when they go out to eat. Before, many people would prefer not to go out to a restaurant to eat simply because they weren’t completely sure what goes into each dish. Now that problem is gone because the new menus can provide a better idea of what you are really consuming when you eat each dish. It makes tracking food much easier for those who are seeking to track their carbs, fats, proteins, and total calories for each day. At the same time, many people appreciate the new information on menus because it helps them to make healthier choices at restaurants. This, in turn, makes people feel better about what it is that they are eating, and it also then allows them to enjoy their meal rather than regret eating unhealthy foods or wondering what it is exactly that they ate. In these cases new menus, like the new ones offered at Red Robin and many other restaurants, come in handy and help people appreciate eating out even more.

The opinions held by students about these new menus are pretty much split evenly. The names of students with each specific opinion have been withheld because many of them did not want their personal thoughts about health information to be shared with the public. Have you seen some of these new menus for yourself? Feel free to share your thoughts below in the comments if you feel comfortable doing so!