Panther Tracks

Cringy Netflix movies

Back to Article
Back to Article

Cringy Netflix movies

Stephani Haulet, Entertainment Co-Editor

Now that Netflix has been taking away all of the great shows and movies that made Netflix worth having it has been going out of its way to try and get their customers back by making their own Netflix original movies so that Netflix doesn’t become totally worthless and forgotten.

F The Prom- This movie is a very cheesy tacky teen movies and if you like that then this movie is for you. The only part of this movie that makes any sense or is even a little relatable is how two friends who are very close can go into high school together and then end up not even wanting to know each other by the time you reach senior year. The characters are totally unrealistic as well. The parents of the two main teens are completely unreasonable and not helpful and say things that no parent would ever say in a movie that was well put together. The parents have this “I don’t care” vibe and even sometimes say it as well. Also the school is completely ridiculous. The teachers laugh and students getting bullied and the school principal calls students losers and wears clothing that is very revealing and inappropriate and she also tries to be popular and have unprofessional relationships with popular students. This is 80 minutes of your life that you will never ever get back.

Ibiza- Ibiza is a movie about the girls trip that every girl wants and wishes a girls trip could be. Ibiza is the perfect dream trip but that’s exactly what it is. A dream and if you watch this movie and expect to every in your life to have a trip like this in your grown or teenage years with a group of friends who just randomly decide that they are going to go with you to Ibiza and magically be able to get days off work to go within on night you’re setting yourself up for disappointment . This movies gives off good vibes and has funny sense of humor throughout the movie but it isn’t very realistic. The things that happen in this movie would most likely never happen in real life. Yes you might meet a hot DJ in a club while you are on a BUSINESS trip but the likeness of you following him to the next country and doing a ton of irresponsible and illegal things while you are away on business is not going to happen if you are trying to be successful and keep a job. A lot of the things that happen in the movie is very cringy and makes you think to yourself “Did that really just happen?” or “Did she really just say that?”. If you are into weird movies that are completely fiction and would never happen then this movie is 100% for you.
Netflix is literally doing whatever it takes to make their name popular enough to be out there again. And nothing against the people who watched these movies and actually liked them. Some people feel differently about movies that don’t really make much sense.

About the Writer
Stephani Haulet, A & E, Co-Editor

Stephani loves working in the child learning center on campus, and enjoyed being in yearbook as an editor her Junior year. She currently works at Safeway...