Panther Tracks

• Last Day of School June 21st

• Sign Up For Panther Cup On June 5th

An Aspiring Author

Lennon Beckman, Editor

All the way back in March a writing contest was held in the BLHS Writing Center, with the victor being a young woman by the name of Amy Lee. She brought her skill and determination to right an exemplary piece of writing that ensured her victory. For those who are curious about Amy, please refer to this previous article. However, recently another writing contest was held, ensuring the victory of another young woman. Winning due to her skills and talents when it comes to writing. The young woman I am referring to is none other than Rikki Sandberg from Megan Johnson’s 5th period class.

To become a part of the April Writing Contest, students would have to put together a short story and would have to submit their piece. After that, their written piece would be considered among many other written works from other aspiring writers. And Rikki managed to do all of this and come out on top. Such a feat should not be glanced over, so be sure to congratulate her if you share a class with her or see her around the school, it’ll probably put a smile on her face.

It is also worth mentioning that, according to Connie French, Rikki actually guessed a nearly accurate guess on how many candies were in the basket container within the BLHS Writing Center. For those who do not know, there is a container filled with candies that students can guess the amount of. And for this month, the candies were instead replaced with chocolate eggs. Rikki guessed that there were 98 eggs when there was actually 99. This is a really interesting piece of information that personally I thought was pretty cool. There may be a psychic in our midsts.

Congratulations, Rikki. We all support you and your journey as an aspiring writer.

About the Writer
Lennon Beckman, New, Editor
Lennon has many hobbies outside of Panther Tracks. She enjoys drawing and writing, attends Book Club, Leo Club, and stage crew. Lennon likes to write about video games, comics and manga, movies, and music.