Panther Tracks

• Last Day of School June 21st

• Sign Up For Panther Cup On June 5th

Trends That Need to Go

Hannah Anderson Cabrera, Lifestyles Writer

Were all tired of reusing the same old trends. At some point they just need to go away and die. Of course good trends get recycled, but these trends are just old and boring. No to mention, not at all cute.

Popsockets
Now don’t get me wrong, popsockets can be cute, but they’re unnecessary. they do nothing to protect your phone and they break so often. There’s no need for them!
Crocs
Comfy, but sooooo ugly! I get it if you’re wearing them on a lazy day, but the new trend of trying to make them fashionable is a sin.
Overdrawn Lips
When will we learn that what we’re born with is good enough? Overdrawn lips can go overboard really fast and make you look like a clown. The natural makeup look is so underrated. Just throw a gloss on and you’d be perfect.
Tattoo Chokers
Chokers became popular again when we were all freshman or for underclassmen, even younger. Honestly they’re very childish and meant for little kids playing dress up. They’re not flattering, whatsoever. A more mature older sister of the tattoo choker that is so much more on trend is the thin, dainty chokers. Add these as great ways to dress up your look, or wear one as your signature look. Just stop the tattoo chokers!
Super Distressed Jeans
Distressed jeans are super cute and can add to your look. But, after a certain point of distressing it becomes too much. If your legs really need to breathe that badly, you might as well just wear shorts, because they’re no longer considered pants. Also, you’re paying a bunch more money for less clothing!! What sense does that make?
Hi-low Dresses and Skirts
This goes along with with the tattoo chokers, being that they are childish and a super old trend. I mean, I remember it being a cool thing back in like middle school, but can we please make it stop? Just choose whether you want to be a short dress or a long on. A cool alternative if you’d like to show off them banging legs as a sophisticated side-slit.
Mesh clothing
No, just no. There’s no point. Stop trying to make festival wear an everyday thing. You might as well just not wear anything.
Fishnets Under Jeans
Why? That’s just like wearing tights under them. There’s no need or purpose.
Bike shorts
I get the trend of athletic wear, but once again, why? They’re not cute or flattering. You might as well just wear legging. Also, they’re harder to style.
Fanny packs
Unless you’re going to Bumbershoot this year, I dont wanna see any fanny packs. And especially don’t wear them as shoulder bags. That’s not their purpose. That’s what handbags are for…Duh!
Sweats with heels
This is one we’ve seen plenty of beauty influencers and celebrities wear lately. Can you just do one or the other? Like go sporty of go classy.
Ugly dad shoes
I get that they’re high fashion, but they are sooooo ugly and way overpriced. If you’re gonna spend a bunch of money on some shoes, you might as well get cute ones instead of ones that will no longer be trendy in a month.

Just remember, just because everyone else has or is wearing something doesn’t mean you need it. Be true to your own fashion!