Panther Tracks

• Senior Prom - June 9th

• Buy your prom tickets TODAY

• Senior Awards Night - June 7th

• Last Day of School - June 21st

• Sign Up For Panther Cup - June 5th

Events Only on Mother’s Day

Yvonne Chang, Community, Staff Writer

This coming weekend which is the second Sunday of May, is always the day especially for moms, and the best day to show your appreciation to mom. You can go to a restaurant for lunch or dinner, or you can go do something fun, or watch a show. There are a lots of events going on around Seattle, Washington on that weekend.

Kirkland Artist Studio Tour 2018
May 12-13, 10am-6pm
Free to go in
This is the 15th annual Kirkland Artist Studio Tour. They will display artwork from over 30 artists, and there are maps for you to grad and see all the amazing designs at any of the 14 studio stops. The advantages of this event is that no tickets needed and you can enjoy the plentiful creativity other people have. It might give you some kind of new thought on school life or future.

the color run with multiple color powder

The Color Run
May 13, 8am
Seattle Center
Want more fun and cheerful when you are running? This will be a good choice for you to have fun while you are exercising with your mom and family. To see the most colorful sight of streets in Seattle is only in this event, this opportunity. Thickets options are almost running out, register now and get your runner package!

Mother’s Day Improv Show
May 13, 7pm
1428 Post Alley, Seattle, WA 98101
This show is going to be a comedy and funny show, and sometimes make fun of moms. But it will also show how special and hard to be a mom. This show is $5 for all moms by using the discount code IMAMOM. In this show you will truly laugh out loud with all the audiences and your mom. It will be a great ending for your both of you and your mom!

Free Mother’s Day Parking at Seattle’s Waterfront
May 13, 9am-8pm
In four of the waterfront garages
To get the advantage of the deal you must park at one of the four listed garages, which are: Pike Place Market Garage, Hillclimb Garage, Watermark Tower Garage, and Western & Seneca Lot. then you have to visit a participating waterfront business and request a free parking voucher. Those parking lots are close to the Great Wheel, restaurants around Elliott Bay, and more stuff. In this case you could plan your day more freely.

Mother’s Day half marathon or 5k run and walk
May 13
7:30am at Northwest University for half marathon / 8am in Juanita Beach Park for 5K run and walk
This is also a running event but without color powder. Everyone who attend can get a package, it includes a T-shirt and more. The earliest you register the less you pay, and anyone who is 16 or under can receive a $10 discount in the 5K run and walk by using “youth” in the discount field online. On thing new for 2018 is that they have added medals for all 5K finishers, a good chance to get your memorable medal that you receive it by your hard work with you and your mom!

About the Writer
Yvonne Chang, Community, Staff Writer
Yvonne likes to watch movies with her family and hangout with friends. She is currently on the basketball team and is thinking about doing tennis in Spring. Yvonne is an exchange student from Taiwan and is also apart of the International Club.