Panther Tracks

• Senior Prom - June 9th

• Buy your prom tickets TODAY

• Senior Awards Night - June 7th

• Last Day of School - June 21st

• Sign Up For Panther Cup - June 5th

Teacher Appreciation Week

Lennon Beckman, Editor

Most of us deserve appreciation, especially as a student. Appreciation can provide students with the self confidence that they desperately seek. Whether it’s shown by commenting on a drawing or even merely congratulating them on how well they played a certain sport. There is even the option to nominate an Unsung Hero so that they can receive a certificate just for being a good person. It’s natural for people to want to seek positive attention from others, if not then it could lead to people becoming nuisances just so that they could have people’s full undivided attention cast upon them. It’s important to teach positive reinforcement. And it seems that the people who receive the least amounts of appreciation are the people who teach us positive reinforcement. None other than your very own teacher.

Now, of course we have Unsung Hero nominations that can be given out to teachers, but even then that doesn’t occur very often. Like every few weeks to be more exact. Which is a shame for a lot of teachers here in school. Often times, students don’t really show respect towards their teacher. Sometimes they don’t even treat them like an equal. Talking during class, verbally abusing a teacher, or even insulting a teacher right to their face are all occurrences that a lot of us have witnessed at some part of our lives from fellow students. Whether those occurrences were in elementary school, middle school, high school, or all of the above, performing any of those happenings is definitely not okay by any sense of the word. And that’s why Teacher Appreciation Week should be celebrated in our very own Bonney Lake High school.

Teacher Appreciation Week is a time where teachers should receive the respect that they deserve for their strenuous task of teaching rambunctious students. By giving back, students would be creating positive reinforcement for their own teachers, showing a deeper level of appreciation rather than just an occasional nomination. It wouldn’t even be that difficult. Being kind to somebody shouldn’t be a difficult task, and if that is hard for somebody then that is a real shame. It’s a sign of respect to actually treat somebody like a human being which is something that really should be practiced more often. By following teachers’ set rules, staying quiet while they are speaking, keeping your mouth shut if you are about to say something rude to them, not discounting their thoughts or effort on teaching you, and, most importantly, just be a good person. I’m sure that your teacher will be very thankful. Even asking how they are at any day of the week is enough, or even just wishing them a great rest of their day.

You would put effort into being nice to your friends right? So why not your teachers? Go on ahead and make them feel good about themselves. You won’t regret it.

About the Writer
Lennon Beckman, New, Editor
Lennon has many hobbies outside of Panther Tracks. She enjoys drawing and writing, attends Book Club, Leo Club, and stage crew. Lennon likes to write about video games, comics and manga, movies, and music.