Panther Tracks

• Last Day of School June 21st

• Sign Up For Panther Cup On June 5th

Sports Post Season

Matthew Gretler, Editor

Sports Post Season

We are towards the end of the season and most sports teams are done with league play. These teams are starting to make there run in playoffs. Remember this is the last sports season of the year and is made up of 7 sports Baseball, Boys Soccer, Girls Lacrosse, Boys Lacrosse, Softball, Girls Tennis, and last but not lest Track and Field.

Baseball:

The boys baseball team went 17-3 on the season. They are 14-0 in league winning the PCL 3a league title for the second year in a row.They have already played two district playoff games. Winning both the first against prairie by a score of . The second game was against Central Kitsap who they had lost to by 12 in the first game of the season but on saturday they lost by a score of 9 to 8. The boys next game is against Bethel and is a loser out game to play against the winner of Mt. View of Vancouver and Wilson high school on saturday.  

Boys Soccer:

The Boys Soccer team finished in fourth place in the PCL standings with a record in League of 6 wins 2 loses and 6 ties yep that’s right 6 ties! Since coming in fourth place the boys do not have to play a district game and will have their first game of the state playoffs is on Wendnesday against Central Kitsap at 7PM at Art Crate Field.

Boys Lacrosse:

The Boys lacrosse league is much different than all of our other sporting teams they still play in the PCL 3A league but there division is made up of 4 other teams Stadium, Orting, White River, and also Montesano. They finished 4 and 10 on the season. Coming up short of a berth to the playoffs this year.

Softball:

The Softball team is currently 13-2 on the season and 10-0 in PCL play. The girls still have 4 games to play in league and 1 non-conference matchup against Auburn riverside on the 15. There playoffs do not start until the 17th of may. But that isn’t on their minds yet as they still have to defeat one of their toughest league opponents the stadium lions who the previously beat in extra innings by 2. If they are able to win against them then they will repeat as the PCL league champions.   

Girls Tennis:

The girls Tennis team has been very busy these last couple of weeks trying to jam there rainouts in before the postseason starts. So far this year the girls are 4-10 over all and in PCL play their are 3-10. They still have one match left against Stadium on the 7th then that will wrap up their regular season play.  

Tack and Field:

The track and field team ended their regular season against Sumner high school on May 3rd. The girls team won with a score of 81-67 and ended their season going 5-2 overall. The Boys team took a loss against the spartans losing 101-43. They finished their season going 5-3 overall. For those athletes that qualified for sub-Districts it will be held at Sunset Chevy Stadium on May 11th starting at 3:30.   

About the Writer
Matthew Gretler, Co-Editor in Chief
Matthew is a senior and has lived in Bonney Lake his whole life. He has played varsity baseball since he was a freshman and will continue his baseball career next year at Oregon State. Matthew  enjoys spending time in the outdoors hunting are fishing.