Panther Tracks

• Last Day of School June 21st

• Sign Up For Panther Cup On June 5th

Get Traditional Chinese Food in Din Tai Fung

XiaoLongBao, which are soup dumplings. The most famou dish in Din Tai Fung.

Yvonne Chang, Community, Staff Writer

people are making dumplings in the restaurant

Do you know what is the process of making those food that you are going to eat in a restaurant? Din Tai Fung will let you see all the ingredients and process of how they make steamed dumplings and soup dumplings. Before you walk in their restaurants, there is a transparent window by the front door and you can always see people making steamed dumplings and soup dumplings in there, which they call the soup dumplings XiaoLongBao. All of them wear mask and hat to cover their mouth and hairs, so you can know they keep every food clean as they make it. You can also know those dumplings are really fresh because they make and cook in the same day as you order.

Din Tai Fung was a restaurant originating in Taiwan in 1958. When it first started it was a cooking oil retail business, then it transform into a steamed dumpling, soup dumplings, and noodle restaurant in 1972. They improved their quality on cooking, food, and service very steady, soon the restaurant was winning reviews in food magazines and newspapers from all over the world. In an article published by the New York Times, they rated Din Tai Fung as one of the top ten gourmet restaurants in the world. A few years after that, in 2010, Din Tai Fung’s Hong Kong Branch awarded one Michelin Star. This international recognition made Din Tai Fung been know in more countries.

During these many years, Din Tai Fung has been opening lots of restaurant all around the world, it is now an international business. They have branches in Japan, South Korea, Singapore, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Australia, the United States, and Taiwan. In the United States there are four restaurants in Seattle. First, there is one in University District, which is located in an outdoor shopping mall by the University of Washington. Second, they opened one in Bellevue Square, right in downtown Bellevue. Third, they just opened a new Din Tai Fung in Westfield SouthCenter mall one year ago in 2017, and it is located at the first floor, where the Rainforest Cafe used to be. Last, there is definitely one in downtown Seattle, and it is also located in a mall, Pacific Place. One way to get there is to take the light rail and get out at Westlake station, then it is only a two-minutes walk to get to the mall, and the restaurant is located at the top floor of the mall.

More information such as menu, careers, more locations, E-gift card, etc. are available on the website: http://dintaifungusa.com/.

Cucumber Salad, is the most popular appetizer in Din Tai Fung.

Pork Bun, a simple but delicious bun.

Beef Noodle Soup, the best noodle soup in Din Tai Fung.

Shrimp & Pork Shao Mai, which are steamed dumplings.

About the Writer
Yvonne Chang, Community, Staff Writer
Yvonne likes to watch movies with her family and hangout with friends. She is currently on the basketball team and is thinking about doing tennis in Spring. Yvonne is an exchange student from Taiwan and is also apart of the International Club.